Saturday, August 30, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
- At the top of the list is ANNA WINTOUR, editor, Vogue. Dark glasses. Bob haircut. “The Devil Wears Prada.” No one in fashion is as influential as the fearsomely smart, British-born editor. She’s so famous, she’s become a one-namer: Madonna,
- PATRICK ROBINSON, head designer, Gap Inc. Parachuted in to help revive Gap’s floundering collection, he has unveiled his first full season. Given his pedigree (stints at Armani, Paco Rabanne, Perry Ellis), it’s no surprise it’s wearable and on-trend.
- MARC JACOBS, designer. Soon, no doubt, Bleecker will be renamed
Marc Jacobs St., thanks to his boutiques there. He makes headlines for his private life (did he really just marry his boyfriend in ?) but his killer designs, for his own label and Louis Vuitton, cement his status. France
- GISELE BUNDCHEN, supermodel. The sex-on-long-legs supe launched the invasion of the Brazilian bombshells and bucked the trend of boyish catwalkers. She’s an endorsement magnet, charity campaigner and stepmom (kinda, to boyfriend Tom Brady’s son, John). Just thank goodness she’s not planning on any more acting (“Taxi,” anyone?)
- MAYOR MICHAEL BLOOMBERG. He’s a businessman as much as a mayor, and that’s one reason he has been so supportive of the fashion industry in
— he understands the cash it generates. Mike’s a power player for having sweet-talked the city into letting the tents stay in Bryant Park for the foreseeable future instead of being exiled to the New York West Siderail yards
Monday, August 25, 2008
Reply to: email@example.com
Date: 2008-08-23, 3:26PM
High-end luxury women’s boutique seeks energetic pleasant-looking candidates for full-time or part-time doorman position for immediate hire. If you have a great SMILE, FRIENDLY OUTGOING personality, TALL (6' or above) and MODELESQUE, please apply with a resume and a picture in .jpg format. Must be able to stand on your feet for a long period of time. Physically fit and tall candidates preferred. Full-time candidates must be able to work weekends. Part-time candidates must commit to 2 consecutive days. Great health/dental/vision/life benefits for full-time associates. Great working environment. No prior doorman/security experience necessary. All resumes without a picture will NOT be considered. Must have at least 3 professional references available. We conduct background investigations on all qualified candidates. Thank you.
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: to be discussed
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tlg/809667851.html -------------------------------------------------this craigslist posting was forwarded to you by someone using ouremail-a-friend feature - if you want to prevent these, please go to:http://www.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/te/z9mchNXYiVmclVHbvFGQj5CbA02bs
Culpepper’s, 1082 Nostrand Avenue at Lincoln Road; (718) 940-4122.
Peppa’s Jerk Chicken, 738 Flatbush Avenue between Woodruff and Parkside Avenues.
Ali’s Roti Shop, 589 Flatbush Avenue between Midwood Street and Rutland Road; (718) 462-1730.
Gloria’s, 1148 Nostrand Avenue between Midwood Street and Rutland Road; (718) 493-2183.
Errol’s Bakery and Catering, 661 Flatbush Avenue at Hawthorne Street; (718) 469-6078.
Allan’s Bakery, 1109 Nostrand Avenue between Maple and Midwood Streets; (718) 774-7892.
La Déesse, 1696 Nostrand Avenue at Cortelyou Road; (718) 282-5525.
De Island, 1199 Nostrand Avenue between Fenimore and Hawthorne Streets; (718) 415-6811..
Sybil’s Bakery and Restaurant, 2210 Church Street between Flatbush and Bedford Avenues; (718) 469-9049.
Vincie Bakery, 1729 Nostrand Avenue between Cortelyou and Clarendon Roads.
De Bamboo Express, 772 Flatbush Avenue between Clarkson Avenue and Lenox Road; (718) 469-0117.
Flatbush-Caton Market, 814 Flatbush Avenue at Caton Avenue; (718) 941-1425.
Round Frames $250, Round Glasses
Lee Side Elastic Stretch Jeans $24.99, JC Penny
Black Belt $550, BB Simon
Biker Jacket $29.99, Target
Floral V-neck dress $25, E-DressMe
Black Boots $150, Dr. Martens
Hoop Earrings $3.99, Girl Props
Pink Dress $154, Fashion Chataeu
Havainas slippers $19.20, Sandal super store
Blue Cardigan $128, Boden
Floral Top $29.99, Gap
White Shorts $115, Seven for All Mankind
Brown Belt $143, Couture Candy
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
1. metallic leather passport holder $44 Fred Flare
2. SIGNATURE STRIPE MINI SKINNY $42 Coach
3. Leather Pocket Satchel $49.99 Urban Outfitters
4. Lomography Diana + Camera $50 Urban Outfitters
5. Insults & Comebacks for All Occasions $7.95 Knock Knock
6. Lorac All Eyes On You Set $35 Sephora
7. "Addicted to Retail" Tee Shirt $35 DPRC
8. Sex and the City - The Movie (Special Edition) Dvd $22.99 Amazon
9. American Express Gift Card $50 American Express
10. Working Girl's Survival Kit $39.95 Wishing Fish
11. Urban Aid Shame On You Kit $22.49 Beauty Deals
12. Green Grass Tray 6 Umbrella $45 Uncommon Goods
13. An Almond Cookie Moment Set $40 Carols Daughter
14. Cosmopolitan Magazine Subscription $15 Cosmopolitan
15. Position of the Day $12.95 Urban Outfitters
Monday, August 18, 2008
1. Donna Karan Draped crossover dress Was $2,995 Now $2,246.25
2. Alexander McQueen Chiffon strapless dress Was $6,535 Now $4,901.25
3. Vera Wang Draped toga dress Was $1,075 Now $806.25
4. Aminaka Wilmont Double layered silk gown Was $2,025 Now $1,012.50
5. Aminaka Wilmont Pleated leather jacket Was $2,095 Now $1,571.25
6. Vera Wang Asymmetric Lurex top Was $1,450 Now $1,087.50
7. Marc Jacobs Crepe de Chine dress Was $1,900 Now $950
8. 3.1 Phillip Lim Patent trench coat Was $625 Now $375
Friday, August 15, 2008
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Friday, August 8, 2008
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Levi's Eco Skinny Jeans originally $78 now $29.98
Levi's Slim Capri originally $58 now $19.98
Vintage Sailboat Oversized Scarf originally $28 now $9.98
Maxi Print Dress originally $98 now $48.98
Monday, August 4, 2008
Givenchy is my absolute favorite. We'll talk more about this fantastic collection later
Vera Wang is now doing her thing with her new jewelery collection
3.1 Phillip Lim
Yves Saint Laurent - this is the most knocked off necklace of them all. note the Marc Jacobs and Girl Props version.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Saturday, August 2, 2008
n. A French term meaning "shaded." Usually a multicolored stripe, with colors graduating from light to dark. The color effect is woven into the fabric. Generally produced by arranging different tones in the warp.
It all started with the Prada patent leather ombre bag. The original, which retailed at $2,270, is no longer available in NeimanMarcus. I was very hesitant about this trend at first because it’s very reminiscent of tie-dye. While I can pull off a cute peasant blouse, the hippie/circa 60’s & 70’s is a look that I despise. …I digress. I watched this trend grow and grow and now you can even get the look at Target. While ombre isn’t for me, I found a few styles you can try for fall.