Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Ombre Trend

Ombre

n. A French term meaning "shaded." Usually a multicolored stripe, with colors graduating from light to dark. The color effect is woven into the fabric. Generally produced by arranging different tones in the warp.

It all started with the Prada patent leather ombre bag. The original, which retailed at $2,270, is no longer available in NeimanMarcus. I was very hesitant about this trend at first because it’s very reminiscent of tie-dye. While I can pull off a cute peasant blouse, the hippie/circa 60’s & 70’s is a look that I despise. …I digress. I watched this trend grow and grow and now you can even get the look at Target. While ombre isn’t for me, I found a few styles you can try for fall.

The Original


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails